In The Washington Post, Lori Montgomery cities forthcoming Hamilton Project research showing that policymakers would have to remove roughly four-fifths of tax breaks to reduce the top tax rate to 25 percent. The chart above shows how eliminating six of the biggest tax expenditures would impact after tax income at different earnings levels. The forthcoming report, “A Dozen Economic Facts About Tax Reform,” will be released at The Hamilton Project’s May 3 tax forum. See a full agenda for the event and register here.
Lawmakers consider changing tax breaks on retirement savings
- If we add 200,000 jobs a month, will recovery take 7 years or 12 years?January 2012
- Hamilton Project Immigration Forum MaterialsMay 2012
- What is Happening to America’s Less-Skilled Workers? The Importance of Education and Training in Today’s EconomyDecember 2011
- Where is the Best Place to Invest $102,000 — In Stocks, Bonds, or a College Degree?June 2011
- Five ways to reform Social Security Disability InsuranceMarch 2013