House Speaker John Boehner says he is confident that lawmakers and the Obama administration will reach a comprehensive deal on immigration reform, according to an article by Jennifer Steinhauer in the New York Times. Boehner said immigration reform is “an important issue that I think ought to be dealt with.” The Hamilton Project's "Ten Economic Facts About Immigration" explores some of the questions frequently raised around immigration in the United States and provides facts drawn from publicly available data sets and the academic literature. In a Hamilton Project discussion paper, "Rationalizing U.S. Immigration Policy: Reforms for Simplicity, Fairness, and Economic Growth," Giovanni Peri of UC Davis proposes market-based reforms to America's immigration system.
- Hamilton Project Immigration Forum MaterialsMay 2012
- Five ways to reform Social Security Disability InsuranceMarch 2013
- If we add 200,000 jobs a month, will recovery take 7 years or 12 years?January 2012
- What is Happening to America’s Less-Skilled Workers? The Importance of Education and Training in Today’s EconomyDecember 2011
- Where is the Best Place to Invest $102,000 — In Stocks, Bonds, or a College Degree?June 2011